Thursday, April 3, 2008

I became a poet somewhere along the way

How does one trust
Again
And again
And again
And over
How does one trust
Words
Bonds of blood
Facial expressions
How does one forget
What it felt like to be hurt
Slashed
Ripped
Left
Thrown
Negated
Humiliated
Manhandled
Ignored
How does one
Get back to feeling
Like cotton candy
Like shiny bubbles
Like ruby red slippers
Like newborn kittens
Light as a breeze
How does one trust
In the goodness of man
In the promise of a laugh
How
Can one find one's way
From lies and bullying
From slander and terror
From panic and betrayal
From confusion and paranoia
From trauma and flashbacks
How can one
Just how can one
Believe again
BELIEVE
BELIEVE IN PEOPLE
To not turn on you
To not lash out at you
To be gentle
To be a teacher
To guide me
When you're always wondering
What the next person will do
Lying to you
Lying about you
Lying until you
Can't tell the difference
Tell me how to trust
In whom to trust
I can't find my way
Give me your hand

1 comment:

flaneur said...

Exactly - how do we forget how the pain felt? painfully true Kads, painfully true:(

Nice work!