Sunday, March 15, 2009

Children of Paradise

I dreamt of a garden of dreams
Where I sowed a seed
In the palms of my son and my daughter
Brother and sister
Eager to trust and learn
So I taught my son respect
For the women in his life
And for the unseen
And for silence
To my daughter I gifted acceptance
Of herself
Of freckles and flaws
Of action against lies
My children believed me
Every word I had said
So may they forever bloom
And save the world with their perfume
When they lose faith I will remind them
About the gifts I had given them
That strange day which was night
In the garden of dreams

2 comments:

Grad Student said...

Beautiful! I want to throw this in the face of every guy I've met that's shoved his 'poetry' down my throat, so they can learn what true creativity and artistic merit sounds like.

Khadija Ejaz said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
He loves his poems
And so should you

Tee hee hee