Thursday, July 10, 2008

The big picture


I had developed global myopia living in the US for so long, so I decided to tack on a World Map next to the US map I have up in my office cube. Gosh, what a difference it makes. It's all about perspective I tell you. My mind's feeling open again! Suddenly I can see all the other countries in the world, and many are as large as if not larger than the US. I sorrowfully also realised how far India and Oman really are from the US. All of it takes my breath away. I have been so deeply embedded in the US for so many years; you have a tendency to get cut off from the rest of the world here. The years I've been here made me feel like my life before the US was a hazy dream that didn't make sense anymore, but now I feel like I've got a grip on reality again.

So hello, Libya, Australia, Peru, and Norway! Hello all you others! So good to see your pretty political demarkations again!

No comments: