Thursday, July 12, 2012

They Say Success is Relative

"To help my clients formulate their visions, I give them the following exercise, which almost always excavates what it is that brings them fulfillment:

Complete the following sentences by writing down your responses on a blank sheet of paper. It is not sufficient merely to complete the sentences in your mind as you read them; you must commit your answers to paper. You can change what you wrote after you see them in print, but make sure you write them down.

1. The people I view as successful are...
2. I feel successful when I...
3. My symbols of success are...
4. I will feel like a success when I...
5. If I were to write my ideal obituary based on the fact that my life was a success, it would read like this..."

- Cherie Carter-Scott, 'If Success is a Game, These are the Rules'

No comments: